my bread wasn't rising. either I used insufficient yeast or dead yeast, but I wasn't willing to throw it away and didn't really want bricks either. so I tried an experiment: dissolved more yeast in a water/flour suspension, added a little sugar, and after it started bubbling, tore my dough up and re-kneaded it, adding more flour as necessary. skipped the first rise and just shaped it into two loaves, leaving the pans in the oven with the light on. it rose nicely! salvaged my bread!
took the pans out, turned off the light, and set it to preheat to 375 degrees. hoping for no more mistakes!
Back to blog or home page
last updated 2019-10-16 19:17:06. served from tektonic