That CNAME problem I mentioned last April, with regard to a lot of DSL modems, is still confusing me; www.yahoo.com is a CNAME, as is www.usga.com, and they both resolve here at Rejuvenation; but www.jcomeau.com does not resolve. I can't figure out what the problem can be. If I set norec in nslookup, it points me to the correct nameservers for jcomeau.com, but if I set it to recursive mode, it times out. It's an Actiontec modem, and the provider here is Qwest. Weird shit. I should really change all my DNS records to A records and just avoid the problem, but it irks me, and I want to figure this shit out.

Back to blog or home page

last updated 2013-01-10 20:46:54. served from tektonic.jcomeau.com