More weirdness with the Actiontec modem... I set test.jcomeau.com to be a CNAME to unixshell.jcomeau.com, and it timed out as expected. Then I changed the CNAME to point to cosf.unternet.net, and the recursive query went through! Aha, I think, so it only works if the CNAME points to a different domain name. So I change the CNAME to point test.jcomeau.com to www.jcomeau.com; now it resolves as an A record, even though it isn't! Definitely a bug somewhere. I wish dd24.net would let me change my TTL to something small so I could test more easily.

Back to blog or home page

last updated 2013-01-10 20:46:59. served from tektonic.jcomeau.com