Pandora stopped working through Telmex a few weeks back. I had configured the router with smartdns's servers, but for some reason they weren't being used. After googling up the right Android command, getprop | grep dns, I found that two IPV6 nameservers were taking precedence over the smartdns IPV4 settings. After trying various things, tonight I realized that the DD-WRT extender next door was connecting to the Telmex router. Just out of desperation, I tried connecting to it. The getprop command showed neither IPV6 DNS server! I launched Pandora, and it fucking worked!
Back to blog or home page
last updated 2021-01-23 23:09:17. served from tektonic.jcomeau.com